MPIWG: Visiting Scholars; Cultural Studies
The Max Planck Institute for the History of Science (MPIWG), Department of Artefacts, Action, and Knowledge offers Visiting Scholarships. Brilliant scholars beyond the postdoc phase of careers are invited to apply for participation in the working groups: “The Art of Judgement“ (in particular projects that connect the history of judgments in planning with current concerns about the different dimensions of global change:; “The Body of Animals” (in particular projects that focus on animals’ bodies and materiality, or consider animals in relation to commodification, technology, or the environment)
Duration: 3 to 9 months; 1 January 2018 to 31 August 2019
- Applicants from every field involved with issues relevant to the history of science and technology are welcome to apply (with some preference for projects looking at cases from Asia, Africa, or Latin America, or adopting a global perspective).
- Applications to be submitted in German, English, Chinese or French.
- Applicants of all nationalities are encouraged to apply
- Applications submitted online will be accepted.
- Applicants must submit the following while filling up online application:
- Cover Letter
- CV (including list of publications)
- Research proposal (1000 words maximum)
- One sample of writing (article or book chapter)
- 2 references with names and email addresses
|Organization||Max Planck Institute for the History of Science|
|Fellowship Level||Research awards|
|Subject areas||Cultural Studies, History|
|Eligibility||Open to all nationalities|
|Deadline||15 July 2017|
The Max Planck Institutes carry out basic research in the life sciences, natural sciences and the social and human sciences. It is thus almost impossible to allocate an individual institute to one single research field: conversely, it can be the case that different Max Planck Institutes carry out research in the same subject. To orientate yourself, please choose a research area first, and then a specific research field. The table will list all MPIs meeting your selection criteria.
Core Research Areas:
- Cultural Studies
- Ecology . Plant Research
- Social and Behavioural Sciences
- Developmental Biology
- Cognitive Science .
- Astronomy & Astrophysics
- Biology & Medicine
- Material & Technology
- Environment & Climate
- Address Germany