Openings of Faculty Positions at IIT-Allahabad (under the Tenure-Track Model): Faculty positions at the Assistant Professor level are invited. It is a regular tenure-track faculty positions for 3-5 years in teaching and research.
The eligibility criteria for regular faculty positions are similar as in IITs (under UGC norms).
- For an Assistant Professor position, a candidate must hold a PhD (in II/Computer Science &/or Engineering/Electrical, Electronics &/or Communication Engineering/etc;
- For interdisciplinary areas the PhD may be in an appropriate field),
- Plus three years experience.
Note: However, for PhDs from a well known University/Institute (e.g. IITs/IISc/TIFR/ISI in India or well known research universities across the world), and a good research/academic record, the three years experience requirement may be waived.
- The pay scale for faculty is same as in IITs.
- Other benefits include initiation research grant, travel support, book grant, professional society membership, etc.,
- Personal benefits such as medical/LTC, on campus subsidized family housing with excellent modern infrastructural facilities.
Areas of Interest
Some of the areas of special interest, besides strengthening the existing research areas, are:
- Software Engineering,
- Theoretical Computer Science,
- Cyber Physical Systems,
- Network science.
- Digital Media,
- Computational neuroscience,
- Machine learning,
- Healthcare informatics,
- Computational Biology,
- Communications networks (both at hardware and protocol levels).
- Circuits (including VLSI, analog, low power, etc),
- Energy systems and technologies.
- Biomedical electronics and systems,
- Computer Architecture,
- Signal/image processing.
- Embedded and control systems.
Interested candidates should apply by sending their detailed updated CV with list of publications clearly mentioning Journal names and citation index with three references through email entitled “Faculty positions at HIT Allahabad to faculty.applications#iiita.ac.in. Do not send your applications in any other email addresses.
Deadline: Applications will be considered regularly, hence there is no deadline for applying.