PhD scholarship in Nanofluidics and Bioimaging at the DTU Nanotech. A PhD scholarship is available in the field of Nanofluidics and Bioimaging group at Department of Micro- and Nanotechnology, DTU Nanotech.
DTU Nanotech is the Department of micro- and nanotechnology at the Technical University of Denmark situated in the northern part of Copenhagen.
Strategic research fields: Materials and Fabrication
Responsibilities and tasks
1. The PhD position offered is part of the Nanofluidics and Bioimaging group led by Associate Professor Rodolphe Marie.
2. The PhD candidate will be responsible for driving interdisciplinary experimental research rooted in physics with applications within life sciences.
Description: The project will combine:
- nanofabrication at DTU Danchip, the university cleanroom facility
- experimental work with nanofluidics devices, fluorescence imaging of single molecules and particles at the Nanofluidics and Bioimaging group
- image analysis in collaboration with Associate Professor Jonas N. Pedersen from the Stochastic Signals and Systems group at DTU Nanotech.
Candidates should have a master’s degree in engineering or a similar degree with an academic level equivalent to the master’s degree in engineering. Good communication skills in English, both written and spoken, are required.
Salary & appointment terms: Appointment terms are consistent with the current rules for PhD degree students. The period of employment is three years.
Applications must be submitted as a single pdf file containing all materials to be given consideration. To apply, fill in the online application form, and attach all your materials in English in a single pdf file.
The file must include the following:
- A letter motivating the application (cover letter)
- Curriculum vitae (CV)
- Grade transcripts and BSc/MSc diploma
- Candidates may apply prior to obtaining their master’s degree, but cannot begin before having received it.
Contact / Further information
Further information may be obtained from Marie Rodolphe, at email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Application Deadline: 30 July 2017.
|Organization||DTU Nanotech, Technical university of Denmark|
|Salary||As per Norms|
|Deadline||30th July 2017|
Technical University Of Denmark (DTU) is ranked as one of the foremost technical universities in Europe, continues to set new records in the number of publications, and persistently increase and develop our partnerships with industry, and assignments accomplished by DTU’s scientific advice.
The number of student enrolment is higher than ever and, for the eleventh consecutive year, we have received a record-breaking number of applications from students who want to pursue a degree from a technical elite university with a global outlook.
- Address Denmark
PhD All Country, Belgium, Czech Republic, Denmark, Europe, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Hungary, Iceland, India, Ireland, Italy, Norway, Open for all countries, Poland, Portugal, Switzerland, United Kingdom, United States