Young Researchers / PhD position at the Max Planck Institute for Chemical Energy Conversion, Mülheim an der Ruhr in the field of Chemistry
Overview: The department of “Inorganic Spectroscopy” is presently seeking for candidate for a PhD position with master’s degree in Chemistry or Physics. The position is available in the Spectroelectrochemistry group.
Core Field: In-situ/operando spectroelectrochemistry
Supervisor: Prof. Dr. Serena DeBeer and Dr. Olaf Rüdiger.
The work will be experimental with the aim
- to study electrocatalytic molecular systems in-situ or under operando conditions using different spectroscopic techniques (X-ray, EPR, FTIR …), both in-house as well as synchrotron based.
- to work in a highly collaborative environment.
- The working language is English.
- The doctoral researcher will receive substantial financial support as well as high-grade scientific courses (see IMPRS research school).
Requirements / Qualifications
- Highly motivated researchers of any nationality with an excellent scientific background
- With a deep commitment to fundamental research are welcome to apply.
- Applicants should hold a Master’s or equivalent degree in Chemistry or Physics
- Some experience in electrochemistry and/or spectroscopy in the field of electrocatalysis.
- The position is available immediately.
- The doctoral researcher will work on a three-year-doctoral-program
- Please send your application in digital form to Dr. Olaf Rüdiger (firstname.lastname@example.org).
- Please state the reference code “OR001” in your application. Application documents must include a cover letter with description of past experience, CV with the contact details of at least one (01) referee and a copy of your degree certificate.
- Closing date: August 31, 2017.
|Organization||Max Planck Institute for Chemical Energy Conversion (MPI)|
|Subject areas||Developmental Biology, Cell biology, Neurosciences, Genetics|
|Eligibility||Masters in Science or equivalent|
|Deadline||August 31, 2017|
The Max Planck Institutes carry out basic research in the life sciences, natural sciences and the social and human sciences. It is thus almost impossible to allocate an individual institute to one single research field: conversely, it can be the case that different Max Planck Institutes carry out research in the same subject. To orientate yourself, please choose a research area first, and then a specific research field. The table will list all MPIs meeting your selection criteria.
Core Research Areas:
- Cultural Studies
- Ecology . Plant Research
- Social and Behavioural Sciences
- Developmental Biology
- Cognitive Science .
- Astronomy & Astrophysics
- Biology & Medicine
- Material & Technology
- Environment & Climate
- Address Germany