PHONTOP Postdoc Individual Fellowships (H2020-MSCA): Postdoc Researchers Fellowships under the H2020 Marie Sklodowska Curie Individual Fellowships (Phontop Project)
Organization: ICN2 is a renowned research centre.
Title: H2020 Marie Sklodowska Curie Individual Fellowships (MSCA-IF 2017)
Fundamental Research theme: Newly discovered physical and chemical properties that arise from the behaviour of matter at the nanoscale.
Research area or group:
The 16-strong Phononic and Photonic Nanostructures (P2N) group at ICN2, led by the ICREA professor Clivia M. Sotomayor Torres.
- The group investigates the interactions between phonons, photons & electrons in nano-scale condensed matter with a long-term view to develop new information technology concepts where information processing is achieved with novel or multiple state variables.
- Experimental work is carried out on nanophononics including nano-scale thermal transport and opto-mechanical crystals at the cross roads between nanotechnology and dispersion relation engineering.
- The research in nanophotonics is focused on localisation and more recently metamaterials.
We use state-of-the-art linear optical spectroscopy methods, pump-and-probe down to 10’s of femtoseconds and develop new techniques to reach the nanoscale in thermal transport, most notably Laser Raman thermometry.
PHONTOP: Generation and Control of Coherent Phonons in two-Dimensional Materials: From Graphene to Topological Insulators
- The focus of this project is to investigate, model and explore the coherent phonon propagation in two-dimensional layered materials, 2D-LMs, towards a development of high-frequency nanoresonators & the spintronics technology.
- The long term aim is to explore the generation, manipulation and detection of coherent phonons in order to lay the foundation of the basis for phonon-based technology in 2D-LMs.
- The expected outcomes from this proposal will lead to a better understanding the phonon dynamics in such materials and it will clarify the necessary inputs for the improvement of beyond graphene technology.
All applications must be sent to Emigdio Chavez Angel (Emigdio.firstname.lastname@example.org ) and include the following documents:
- A full CV with contact details.
- Statement of research in relation to this project proposal.
|Organization||ICN2: H2020-MSCA-ITN European Training Network|
|Fellowship Level||Postdoc / Researcher, PHD|
|Subject areas||Chemistry, Physics, Material Science, Electrical Engineering|
|Fellowship amount||As per Norms|
|Eligibility||Open to all nationalities|
Horizon 2020, the Marie Curie Actions are called the Marie Skłodowska-Curie actions (MSCA). This change better reflects the Polish roots of this extraordinary scientist who inspired and inspires the programme.
Awarding €6.16 billion in the period to 2020, the MSCA support research training and career development focused on innovation skills. The programme funds worldwide and cross-sector mobility that implements excellent research in any field (a “bottom-up” approach).
There are MSCA grants for all stages of a researcher’s career, from PhD candidates to highly experienced researchers, which encourage transnational, intersectoral and interdisciplinary mobility. The MSCA will become the main EU programme for doctoral training, financing 25,000 PhDs.
Endowing researchers with new skills and a wider range of competences, while offering them attractive working conditions, is a crucial aspect of the MSCA. In addition to fostering mobility between countries, the MSCA also seek to break the real and perceived barriers between academic and other sectors, especially business. Several MSCA initiatives promote the involvement of industry etc. in doctoral and post-doctoral research.
- Address Europe
Scholarships by Country
- India (1,100)
- Europe (821)
- United Kingdom (544)
- Germany (510)
- United States (474)
- Norway (247)
- Switzerland (240)
- Australia (233)
- Denmark (197)
- Sweden (191)
- Netherlands (172)
- Italy (141)
- France (102)
- Canada (98)
- Spain (94)
- Japan (83)
- Belgium (76)
- All Country (68)
- Finland (68)
- New Zealand (45)
- China (42)
- Austria (41)
- Singapore (40)
- Poland (37)
- South Africa (30)
Type of Scholarships
- Environment Science(2)
- International Grants(118)
- JRF / SRF(4)
- Masters | PhD(56)
- Research Associate(330)
- Research Awards(290)
- Short cources(17)
- Short courses(33)
- Technical positions(361)
- Travel Grants(60)