Postdoctoral Research Fellow -T2K at the TRIUMF is Canada’s national laboratory for particle and nuclear physics and accelerator-based science: The project is currently accepting applications for a Postdoctoral Research Fellow.
Subject Area: The T2K project is a flagship particle physics project at TRIUMF and in Canada, and it is entering a new phase of detector upgrade (NuPRISM and HyperK) and sensitive studies of CP violation in the neutrino oscillation (T2K-II).
Responsibilities / Tasks:
The successful candidate will actively participate and take a leadership role in both the hardware development (multi-PMT, calibration, electronics) and simulation studies, as well as on-going T2K/SuperK data analyses. The successful applicant is be expected to:
- Take a leading role in the detector development, simulation studies, and physics analysis, including neutrino cross section and neutrino oscillation studies
- Oversee some of the detector operation, calibration, and analysis for which T2K-Canada is responsible
- Disseminate results as articles in peer-reviewed scientific journals and at national and international conferences and workshops
- Supervise undergraduate and/or graduate students
- Applicants must have experience with graduate-level data analysis and detector instrumentation.
- A recent Ph.D. in experimental subatomic physics or a related field, and those individuals who are expecting to complete a PhD within two months are also encouraged to apply.
- Strong communication skills, high attention to detail, and the flexibility to deal with changing priorities.
Duration: This grant funded position will be based at TRIUMF and be for a two year term. Salary will be competitive depending on experience.
When submitting your application as detailed below, please include a detailed CV with a list of publications, and arrange for 3 letters of recommendation or reference to be sent directly to the email below.
Application Procedure: TRIUMF is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity in the workplace, and we welcome applications from all qualified candidates. Your complete application package should be submitted by email to firstname.lastname@example.org and will include the following in one complete PDF file:
- Subject line: Competition 580
- Employment Application Form
- Cover letter indicating salary expectations
Applications will be accepted until 2017-08-10
|Subject Areas||Science, Engineering, Physics|
|Salary||As per gov. rules|
|Eligibility||As listed above|
Open until filled