University of Queensland (UQ) and the School of Chemistry and Molecular Biosciences (SCMB) invites applications for PhD Scholarship in Chemistry.
Tasks and Responsibilities
- Selected candidate will pursue computational chemistry research directed toward the understanding of chemical reactivity and the design of novel functional organic materials for opto-electronics (e.g., organic light-emitting diodes and photodetectors).
- Selected candidate will work under the supervision of Dr. Krenske within SCMB and in collaboration with other leading researchers, including UQ’s Centre for Organic Photonics and Electronics (COPE).
- Applicants must hold First Class Honours degree or equivalent in Chemistry.
- Candidates of Australian and New Zealand origin should be eligible for an Australian Postgraduate Award (APA) or equivalent
- Applicants must have strong background in organic chemistry and a further background in computational or theoretical chemistry is desirable, although not essential.
- International applicants must meet the University of Queensland’s English Language Proficiency (ELP) requirements and At least 2 peer-reviewed research publications.
- Domestic students will be expected to apply for an APA or equivalent scholarship
- International students will have to apply for UQ scholarships for stipend and tuition support.
- Students who are unable to win one of these scholarships may be considered for a stipend equivalent to an APA of $26,682 per annum tax free (2017 rate, indexed annually)
Duration: 3 years; possibility of 6 month extension
- Contact Dr. Krenske at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Cover letter outlining the reasons for applying and the suitability for the scholarship.
|Organization||The University of Queensland|
|Fellowship amount||$26,682.00 – $26,682.00|
|Eligibility||Open to all nationalities|
|Deadline||20 July 2017|
The University of Queensland (UQ) is one of Australia’s leading research and teaching institutions. We strive for excellence through the creation, preservation, transfer and application of knowledge. For more than a century, we have educated and worked with outstanding people to deliver knowledge leadership for a better world.
- Business, Economics & Law
- Engineering, Architecture & Information Technology
- Health and Behavioural Sciences
- Humanities and Social Sciences
Institutes and Centres
- Australian Institute for Bioengineering and Nanotechnology
- Global Change Institute
- Institute for Molecular Bioscience
- Institute for Social Science Research
- Mater Research Institute-UQ
- Queensland Alliance for Agriculture and Food Innovation
- Queensland Brain Institute
- Sustainable Minerals Institute
- The University of Queensland Diamantina Institute
- Address Australia
Scholarships by Country
- India (1,164)
- Europe (838)
- United Kingdom (550)
- Germany (538)
- United States (477)
- Australia (240)
- Switzerland (237)
- Norway (225)
- Denmark (205)
- Netherlands (150)
- Italy (142)
- Sweden (139)
- France (104)
- Canada (96)
- Japan (83)
- Spain (82)
- All Country (69)
- Belgium (66)
- Finland (63)
- China (43)
- New Zealand (42)
- Austria (40)
- Singapore (39)
- Czech Republic (31)
- South Africa (29)
Type of Scholarships
- Environment Science(2)
- International Grants(111)
- JRF / SRF(5)
- Masters | PhD(45)
- Research Associate(343)
- Research Awards(301)
- Short cources(19)
- Short courses(34)
- Summer School(3)
- Technical positions(374)
- Travel Grants(59)