SNSF Doc.CH Grants in the field of humanities and social sciences (HSS): The Swiss National Science Foundation (SNSF) awards grants / scholarships to promising researchers in the humanities and social sciences.
Awarding agency: Grantees are matriculated at a Swiss university as PhD students and paid a salary by the university through the “Doc.CH (HSS)”- Grant, which is awarded for a period of 2 to a maximum of 4 years.
Deadlines: Annual deadlines for application are March 10 and September 10.
- Hold a degree (master or similar degree, acquired no more than 2 years prior to the submission deadline) from a Swiss higher education institution which entitles to start a PhD in the humanities and social sciences at ETH Zurich;
- Swiss nationals with a foreign degree are also entitled to submit an application.
Application and evaluation
Proposals must be made electronically (see the link below). To access SNF portal, a user account is required; new user accounts must be requested 2 weeks before the deadline at the latest.
Following documents are required:
- A written confirmation from ETH Zurich regarding admission to the doctorate at ETH Zurich.
- Two (2) letters of recommendation from
- the main supervisor working at the ETH Zurich and
- the co-supervisor working at another higher education institution in Switzerland or abroad.
- A letter of invitation from the host institute abroad if a research stay abroad is planned.
|Subject areas||Humanities and Social Sciences|
|Fellowship||As per laws|
|Eligibility||Masters or equivalent|
|Deadline||March 10 and September 10 (yearly)|
Proposals must be submitted via electronic portal: www.mySNF.ch
Apply for job
Switzerland: Swiss National Science Foundation (SNSF): Knowledge is the key to the future. In its mission statement, the SNSF describes how it aims to act in the best interests of researchers, political authorities, the general public and its own employees. It defines the ambitions and values informing its work.
Temporary ERC Backup Schemes
Sinergia – interdisciplinary, collaborative, breakthrough
Type Of Funding
Innovations in career funding
AP Energy Grants
- Address Switzerland