Special Scholarship Program (SSP) is only for doctoral candidates and is project-based. To complete the scholarship program and attain a PhD degree, publication of 2 or more high level reviewed papers is required within 3 years. The program is available in the Department of Engineering, Graduate School of Engineering. Medium of study is English
Enrollment Time: April & October
Duration of Scholarship: 1 (One) year. The term will be extended for increments of one year up to a total of 3 years.
- The successful student must work 50 hours/month for a specific research project at the university.
- The student must report their study and research achievements to the dean of the Graduate School of Engineering at the end of each semester.
- The submitted report will be assessed by the dean.
- Exemption from entrance examination fee, enrollment fee and yearly tuition fee
- living expenses, 150,000 yen/month
- 150,000 yen for travel and initial living costs.
- Applicant must have or about to receive master’s degree before the KUT enrollment date.
- Applicant must be 35 years or below at the time of enrollment.
- Applicant must have an excellent academic record and strong bachelors and master’s degrees from reputable universities.
- Applicant must have the intention, adequate knowledge and research skill to work in one of the designated research projects.
- Applicant must have excellent English proficiency
- Choose one or two research project(s) from the Project List
- Complete and submit all required documents by post
October 2017 Enrollment (The Second Deadline): March 17, 2017
April 2018 Enrollment (The First Deadline): March 17, 2017
April 2018 Enrollment (The Second Deadline): September 15, 2017
|Organization||Kochi University of Technology (KUT)|
|Subject areas||Engineering, Life Sciences, Computer Science, Physics, Chemistry|
|Fellowship amount||Tuition-fee waiver|
|Eligibility||Open for International applicants|
|Deadline||March, September yearly|
All inquiries and application documents must be addressed to:
International Relations Division
Kochi University of Technology
Tosayamada, Kami City
Kochi 782-8502, JAPAN
For Further Details: Click