The Graduate School of Social Sciences (G3S) at the University of Basel provides the institutional framework for all graduate programs within the Department of Social Sciences. The working languages of the school are English and German. Applications are invited for the start-up scholarships for the next academic year.
Starting date: October 2017.
Number of Scholarships: 03
- 30’000 CHF/12 months each
- grants will be transferred to successful candidates in two installments of CHF 15’000 each; one in October 2017 and the another one in April 2018
Tasks and Responsibilities:
- The scholarships are meant to support graduates in the early stages of their PhD, during which they will develop research proposals for submission to a funding body such as the Swiss National Science Foundation (SNSW) in order to acquire financial support for the remaining duration of their PhD-projects.
- The payment of the second installment of the scholarship depends on the submission of such a funding proposal.
- Students should be highly motivated to carry out an independent research project in an interdisciplinary environment and show a vivid interest in current debates of the social sciences.
- Applicant must hold Master’s degree in Social Sciences, Anthropology, Cultural Anthropology, middle eastern studies, Political Science, Sociology
The following documents must be included:
- Letter of motivation
- CV with a list of publications (if applicable)
- Draft of the PhD project (approx. 5 pages)
- 1-2 writing samples (at least one of which was submitted as an academic qualification requirement)
- Academic diplomas or transcripts/excerpt of the study registry (specifying the date and grade of the MA-degree).
- Applications (English or German) to be submitted via email or in paper form to:
Dr. Günter Schmidt
Graduate School of Social Sciences (G3S), University of Basel
|Organization||University of Basel|
|Subject areas||Social Sciences, Anthropology, Political Science, Sociology|
|Eligibility||Open to all nationalities|
|Deadline||April 15th, 2017|
The University of Basel is a university of international renown, which provides excellence in research and teaching.
As a full university, the University of Basel attracts students from all over the world and offers them excellent conditions for studying at the Bachelor, Master and Doctorate level. In international universities, it is ranked among the top 100 universities in the world.
Founded in 1460, the University of Basel as the oldest university in Switzerland can look back on more than 550 years of successful history. various faculties are:
- Faculty of Theology
Faculty of Philosophy and Natural Sciences
Faculty of Business and Economics
Faculty of Psychology
- Address Switzerland