The Swedish Institute (SI) awards scholarships to promote and develop respectable, lasting relationships, exchanges and networks with people and institutions in other countries. SI also awards grants for cooperation in the Baltic Sea region and for international collaborative projects to promote human rights and democracy.
- Scholarship holders’ take part in SI Network for Future Global Leaders to improve exchanges and contacts with and among participants through events, workshops, seminars and visits to companies around Sweden.
- After competition of studies, all scholarship holders also become members of the SI Alumni Network, a global network that helps deepen the relationship with Sweden even after the programme.
- This scholarship is open to international students, researchers and professionals from various countries.
The Swedish Institute Study Scholarships (SISS)
- SISS is open to highly qualified students who are nationals of countries on the DAC list of ODA recipients and who will study full-time for a master’s degree in Sweden.
- The scholarships cover living costs and tuition fees.
- The aim is to empower the scholarship holders to play an active role in the positive development of the societies in which they live.
The Swedish Institute Study Scholarships for South Africa
- SISS for South Africa is open to students who are South African nationals and who will study full-time for a master’s degree in Sweden.
- The scholarships cover both living costs and tuition fees.
- The goal is to enable the selected candidates to play an active role in the positive development of South Africa.
The Swedish–Turkish Scholarship Programme
- This Programme is open to Turkey nationals for master’s level studies as well as for PhD studies and postdoctoral research in Sweden within the fields of Social Sciences, Law, International and European Relations, European Affairs, European Law, or Human Rights Law.
- The programme aims to forge closer links between Turkey and the EU, and to contribute to strengthened democracy and a greater respect for human rights.
The Visby Programme
- This Programme is open for academic and expert mobility within the Baltic Sea region, as well as scholarships for inbound and outbound mobility.
- The programme targets master’s students as well as PhD students, post-docs and senior scientists from Sweden, Armenia, Azerbaijan, Belarus, Georgia, Moldova, Russia, and Ukraine. Swedish-speaking students from Belarus, Georgia, Moldova, Russia and Ukraine also have the opportunity to apply for scholarships for studies in any field/topic (courses taught in Swedish) at a university in Sweden.
Scholarships for the Western Balkans
- Scholarships for the Western Balkans are open to highly qualified applicants from Albania, Bosnia-Herzegovina, Kosovo, Macedonia (FYROM), Montenegro and Serbia. Scholarships for master’s level studies are offered within the Swedish Institute Study Scholarships (SISS).
- Scholarships for part of PhD studies and postdoctoral research are offered within the SI Scholarships for the Western Balkans and are available for the field of social sciences only.
The North2north student exchange programme
- This exchange programme offers scholarships and tuition fee waivers for Russian and Swedish students within the University of the Arctic co-operation.
- Scholarships for Russian students are available for studies at Luleå University of Technology, Mid Sweden University, Umeå University and Stockholm University.
Grants from the Creative Force programme
- SI awards funding to projects with the overall objective of strengthening human rights, democratisation and freedom of expression in the target countries.
- These aims should be achieved through mutual learning processes and sustainable networks between organisations and agents of change who work with either culture or the media to bring about change.
Grants for Baltic Sea Region cooperation
- SI provides seed funding and Third Country Participation grants for institutional co-operation in the Baltic Sea Region, in addition to a number of leadership programmes.
|Organization||Swedish Institute (SI)|
|Subject areas||All disciplines|
|Eligibility||Open to all nationalities|
Scholarships by Country
- India (1,106)
- Europe (827)
- United Kingdom (548)
- Germany (513)
- United States (477)
- Norway (247)
- Switzerland (240)
- Australia (234)
- Denmark (198)
- Sweden (193)
- Netherlands (173)
- Italy (142)
- France (103)
- Canada (98)
- Spain (95)
- Japan (83)
- Belgium (76)
- All Country (68)
- Finland (68)
- New Zealand (45)
- Austria (42)
- China (42)
- Singapore (40)
- Poland (37)
- South Africa (30)
Type of Scholarships
- Doctoral Positions(1748)
- Environment Science(2)
- International Grants(118)
- JRF / SRF(4)
- Masters | PhD(56)
- Research Associate(330)
- Research Awards(294)
- Short cources(18)
- Short courses(35)
- Technical positions(361)
- Travel Grants(60)