Trent University offers Thomas J. Bata Memorial Graduate Scholarship in honour of Thomas J. Bata (1914-2008). The aim of the scholarship is intended to support a student that demonstrates leadership qualities such as innovation, entrepreneurship, community responsibility and global citizenship.
Scholarship value: $5,000
- Applicant must not be holding any other major scholarship.
- Applications are invited from all domestic or international full-time graduate students (M.A., MSc., Ph.D.) with an admission GPA of A- and have continued to achieve academic excellence during graduate studies at Trent University. Students may be in any year of any graduate program.
Terms and conditions:
- Successful candidate must agree to release their personal information specific to their name, program, research and details of their leadership qualities that exemplify the qualities of the Thomas J. Bata Memorial Graduate Scholarship.
The applications must include the following:
- Transcripts (unofficial accepted)
- Research statement (maximum 2 pages)
- Short non-technical summary (maximum 400 words)
- A statement of leadership (maximum 2 pages) describing the activities and contributions of the applicant which aligns with the values and legacy of Thomas J. Bata.
- 01 confidential letter of reference from a member of the community addressing leadership activities, extracurricular interactions and collaborations, and character.
|Subject areas||All disciplines|
|Eligibility||Open to all nationalities|
|Deadline||October 2, 2017|