Visiting Fellowships (post-doctoral positions) are offered by School of Mathematics every year. These are research positions in Mathematics, obtainable for one year in the first instance and renewable for another year, subject to a review towards the end of the first year. In some cases a candidate may be considered for a regular appointment in the Institute following one or two years of Visiting Fellowship (regular appointments are normally intended for Indian nationals).
- Applicant must have recent PhD degree in Mathematics (or submitted a thesis for it) and be well motivated to pursue high quality research in the subject.
Amount of Fellowship:
- After submitting the thesis but waiting for the degree: Rs. 32,000/month
- With Ph.D. degree: Rs. 36,000/month
- With Ph.D. degree and one year experience: Rs. 38,000/month
- With Ph.D. degree and two or more years’ experience: Rs. 40,000/month
- Contingency grant of Rs. 32,000/- per year is also granted.
- Subsidized accommodation and food is also provided on the Campus
Postdoctoral visiting scientist scheme
Candidates not holding any position elsewhere and have a provisional degree certificate and have post-doctoral experience, may be considered for appointments in the category of “Post-doctoral Visiting Scientists” under the DAE Visiting Scientist Scheme.
The monthly fellowship amount (consolidated) that can be awarded for Post-doctoral Visiting Scientists with one or more years of post-doctoral experience is as follows:
- 1 year of postdoc experience: Rs. 35,000
- 2 year of postdoc experience: Rs. 37,000
- 3 year of postdoc experience: Rs. 39,000
- 4 year of postdoc experience: Rs. 41,000
- 5 year of postdoc experience: Rs. 43,000
- No contingency grant is paid to Post-doctoral Visiting Scientists.
- Fellowship will be renewed every year on the basis of performance and will not be extended for more than 2 years.
Jawaharlal Nehru Postdoctoral visiting scientist scheme
Candidates with at least one year of postdoctoral experience and who do not have a position elsewhere at the time of joining the Institute will be considered for the Jawaharlal Nehru Post-Doctoral Visiting Scientist Scheme.
- Monthly fellowship amount (consolidated, in addition to HRA as per rules) will be in the range of Rs. 55,000-75,000 depending on qualification and experience.
- The appointment will be made initially for a year, and may be renewed for one more year.
- An advance copy of the application may be sent by email to: deanmf@ math.tifr.res.in followed by a hard copy.
- Curriculum Vitae
- Consolidated report describing the work already done and a plan for future work.
- Copy of the PhD thesis (if available), and preprints/reprints (if any).
- Names of three referees familiar with the applicant’s work.
- The referees should be asked to send their reports directly to the address given below.
Tata Institute of Fundamental Research (TIFR)
|Eligibility||Open to Indian nationals|
|Deadline||February 15 (Yearly)|
School of Mathematics
Tata Institute of Fundamental Research
Homi Bhabha Road
Colaba, Mumbai 400005
Tata Institute of Fundamental Research is a National Centre of the Government of India, under the umbrella of the Department of Atomic Energy, as well as a deemed University awarding degrees for master’s and doctoral programs. The Institute was founded in 1945 with support from the Sir Dorabji Tata Trust under the vision of Dr Homi Bhabha.
- CAM, Bengaluru
- HBCSE, Mumbai
- ICTS, Bengaluru
- NCBS, Bengaluru
- TCIS, Hyderabad
Thrust Areas of Research:
- Computer science and
- Science education
- Address India
Scholarships by Country
- India (1,090)
- Europe (779)
- United Kingdom (508)
- Germany (483)
- United States (444)
- Norway (233)
- Switzerland (226)
- Australia (220)
- Denmark (185)
- Sweden (184)
- Netherlands (155)
- Italy (142)
- Canada (95)
- France (93)
- Spain (91)
- Japan (78)
- Belgium (67)
- Finland (66)
- All Country (62)
- New Zealand (44)
- Austria (43)
- China (39)
- Singapore (38)
- Poland (35)
- Czech Republic (31)
Type of Scholarships