Water is the fundamental need and holds importance for human development, the environment and the economy, and therefore needs to feature prominently in the development agenda of both India and the US; the DST, Govt. of India, UNL, DWFI and IUSSTF have partnered to nurture cooperation between students and scientists from both countries. The Water Advanced Research and Innovation (WARI) Fellowship Program; a dynamic and transformative program has thus been developed to nurture long term Indo-American science and technology partnerships.
- Department of Science and Technology (DST)
- Indo-US Science and Technology Forum (IUSSTF)
- University of Nebraska-Lincoln (UNL)
- Robert B. Daugherty Water for Food Institute at the University of Nebraska (DWFI)
- Robert B. Daughtery Water for Food Institute
Rationale of the program:
- provide opportunity to best and exceptional Indian students and scientists to gain exposure and access to world class research facilities at the UNL and the Daugherty Water for Food Institute;
- promote research and capacity building in the area of water;
- encourage and inspire brilliant students to take up research as a career path;
- make way for the next generation scientists and technologists from India to interact with American peers, thus helping to build long-term Research & Development linkages and collaborations
For Student Internships:
- Indian nationals currently undertaking Doctoral in Water Science and Engineering at a recognized institution of higher education and learning in India;
- Age: upper limit is 32 years as on 31 December 2017
- Indian nationals having PhD in Water Science and Engineering.
- Applicants must be able to perform independent research work and have published in internationally recognized academic journals.
- Open to applicants working in the fields of Water resources, water chemistry and environmental engineering.
- Age: upper limit is 40 years as on 31 December 2017.
- Applicant must be affiliated to a public funded R&D Lab/ Science & Technology Institution / recognized Universities/Colleges in India.
Number of Fellowships:
- Student Internships- 5
- Fellowships- 5
- Internship: Min. 3 months and upto 6 months
- Fellowship: Minimum 3 months and upto 12 months
- Applications should be submitted using Online Application Portal for Visitation Program
|Organization||Indo-US Science and Technology Forum (IUSSTF)|
|Subject areas||Water Science and Engineering, environmental engineering, Water Chemistry|
|Eligibility||Open for Indian nationals|
|Deadline||31st August 2017|
The Indo-US Science and Technology Forum (IUSSTF), established under an agreement between the Governments of India and the United States of America in March 2000, is an autonomous, not for profit society that promotes and catalyzes Indo-US bilateral collaborations in science, technology, engineering and biomedical research through substantive interaction among government, academia and industry. As a grant making organization, the principle objective of IUSSTF is to provide opportunities, to exchange ideas, information, skills and technologies, and to collaborate on scientific and technological endeavor of mutual interest that can translate the power of science for the benefit of mankind at large.
- Address United States