WeTech Goldman Sachs Scholars Program sponsored by the Institute of International Education (IIE) and Goldman Sachs (NYSE: GS) is inviting women applicants from India to apply for the 2018-2020 academic year.Scholarships are available for students who are currently pursuing undergraduate studies at a participating university and are in 2nd or 3rd year of studies.
WeTech was created by The Institute of International Education (IIE) to help women and girls enter into and succeed in Information and Communication Technology (ICT) education and careers.
Study Subject: Scholarships are awarded in
- Computer science and
- Other technology-related fields
Scholarship Award: Each selected candidate would receive a merit-based $1,500 scholarship for the 2017/18 school year and be connected with an experienced mentor from Goldman Sachs for a six-month mentorship from June through December 2017.
Number of Scholarships: More than 25 scholarships are available.
The Scholarship can be taken in India
- The Applicant must be a female
- She should be a citizen of India
- The Applicant must be a current undergraduate student studying at a participating university in her 2nd or 3rd year
The participating universities are:
- Cummins College for Women, Pune
- MNNIT, Allahabad
- PEC, Chandigarh
- PSG College of Technology
- Rajasthan College of Engineering for Women, Jaipur
- RVCE, Bangalore
- Applicant must be seeking a degree in Engineering, Computer Science or other ICT-related studies
- Applicant must be able to show leadership potential in their selected ICT field since reference/ recommendation letters will be required
- Applicant must be interested and available to participate in a virtual mentorship for a six-month period in late 2017
How to Apply: The mode of applying is online.
- March 30, 2017: Online application opens
- May 15, 2017: Scholarship application closes
- June 2017: Scholarship and mentorship winners announced
|Organization||WeTech Goldman Sachs Scholars Program for Indian Women|
|Subject Areas||Engineering, Computer Science & other technology related fields|
|Eligibility||Applicant should be in 2nd or 3rd year of undergraduate program|
|Deadline||15th may 2017|
- managing scholarships, training, exchange and leadership programs
- conducting research and facilitating policy dialogue on global higher education
- protecting scholarship around the world
- Address India