CRC 1112 “Nanocarriers: Architecture, Transport, and Topical Application of Drugs for Therapeutic Use” offers 3 short-term PhD fellowship. Host affiliations: Freie Universität Berlin, Charité Universitätsmedizin Berlin, Universität Potsdam, Helmholtz-Zentrum Geesthacht (Teltow). Beginning of financial support: June 15, 2015 (at the earliest, in agreement to the supervisor)
Duration of support: up to 12 months
The supervisor needs to confirm that financial support is available and will be provided for the entire period of the dissertation project, i.e. at least 2 more years after the PhD fellowship expires.
Application deadline: May 31, 2015
Applicants are expected to have completed their BA or MA degree with above-average results and must plan an interdisciplinary PhD project that can be connected to the research goals of the CRC 1112. Due to international cooperation and networking opportunities, excellent English language skills are essential. The supervision of the dissertation project must be done by a member of the CRC.
IMPORTANT: Before you send your application to the IRTG, please contact one of our principal investigators in whose research group you would like to participate. A list of the different scientific projects within the CRC can be found here.
In order to apply for a short-term PhD fellowship and to be accepted into the IRTG please submit the following materials:
- Short cover letter
2. Confirmation of admission into PhD program
3. Curriculum vitae
4. High School diploma and all degree certificates (as copies)
5. If your native language is not English: Passing the DIALANG self-test with min. level B2 (can be taken for free at Sprachenzentrum FU) or passing of TOEFL (Test of English as a Foreign Language)
6. Letter of motivation for application to IRTG (1 page max)
7. Description of planned PhD project (3 pages max)
8. Abstract of planned PhD project (3 sentences max)
9. Confirmation of financial support and work space for 3 years from supervisor
10. Two letters of recommendation
Please submit your electronic application (as a single PDF file, subject: IRTG_application_Name) to the Office of the Integrated Research Training Group “Nanocarriers”: firstname.lastname@example.org
For further information please contact:
Jeannette Getzin, MA
Administration of Integrated Research Training Group
Tel. +49 30 838 62988