The University of Western Australia (UWA) is a member of Australia’s prestigious Group of Eight and ranked among the top 100 universities (top 1% in the world) with a broad and balanced coverage of disciplines in the arts, sciences and major professions.
Job no: 494384
Work type: full-time
Categories: Engineering / Computing and Mathematics
- 3 year appointment
- Salary $ 85,942 p.a.
For the past 100 years, UWA has contributed significantly to the intellectual, cultural and economic development of the State of Western Australia and the nation as a whole.
The International Centre for Radio Astronomy Research (ICRAR) is a State funded Centre established as a joint venture between The University of Western Australia (UWA) and Curtin University. The Centre, along with CSIRO, is playing a key role in Australia’s participation in the international Square Kilometre Array (SKA) effort.
ICRAR is looking for a highly motivated scientist to apply for a Postdoctoral Research Associate position to undertake research in supercomputer modelling of the formation and evolution of galaxies using supercomputer simulations and in the context of the Baryon Cycle in the Cosmic Web.
To be considered for this role, you will demonstrate:
- PhD in computational astrophysics or related discipline.
- Research ability and knowledge of cosmological simulations and computational fluid dynamics.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to participate effectively in distributed scientific collaborations.
- Strong publication record evidenced by international refereed publications.
- Excellent computing and data management skills.
- Good planning and organisational skills.
- Ability to work productively as part of a team that includes students.
- Ability to contribute to outreach and/or educational programmes.
The position will be based at the ICRAR headquarters at the beautiful Matilda Bay campus of UWA, Perth Western Australia and it is listed as one of the world’s most liveable cities and offers an excellent ocean-side lifestyle.
Last date: Tuesday 30 June 2015
This position is only open to applicants with relevant rights to work in Australia.
Benefits include 17% superannuation, generous leave provisions and airfares to Perth (if applicable) for appointee and dependents along with a removal allowance. These and other benefits will be specified in the offer of employment.
Applications must be submitted online. Full details of the position’s responsibilities and the selection criteria are outlined in the position description and applicants should clearly demonstrate they meet the selection criteria.
Please see the position description prior to applying:
Advertised: W. Australia Standard Time
Applications close: W. Australia Standard Time