The Max Planck Institute for Medical Research has two fully funded PhD fellowships of 3 years (possible extension) available as part of the CONSENSE training network (H2020-MSCA-ITN-2020, Marie Skłodowska-Curie Innovative Training Networks) at the Department of Chemical Biology (Prof. Kai Johnsson).
About the project:
- The CONSENSE network aims at the development of biosensors for continous monitoring in healthcare applications. The objectives for the PhD students in the group of Prof. Kai Johnsson will be the engineering of new biosensors and biomolecular nanoswitches.
- Applications are open for candidates from the ﬁelds of biochemistry and chemical biology with a passion for biosensing.
- Candidates should also enjoy working in a multidisciplinary team, which includes visits to other labs from the CONSENSE training network.
- Candidates should be early stage researchers with less than 4 years of research experience, do not hold a PhD, but a Master degree at the start of the fellowship.
- Candidates should not have resided or carried out their main activity in Germany for > 12 months in the 3 years prior to the start of their recruitment.
- The latest starting date would be the 1st of September 2021.
- Submit application via e-mail as a single PDF ﬁle to firstname.lastname@example.org including a cover letter (explaining background and motivation), your CV, and addresses of references
|Organization||Max Planck Institute for Medical Research|
|Subject areas||Chemical Biology|
|Eligibility||Open to all nationalities|
|Deadline||May 31st, 2021|