The Department of Electronic Systems at Norwegian University of Science and Technology (NTNU) has a vacancy for 2 PhD Research Fellows in machine-learning/signal-processing for Industry 4.0. The successful candidate will be offered a 3-year position (or 4-year with 25% work assignments for the Department).
About the position:
- PhD Position N.1 – Model-Based Sensor Validation: The activities related to this position include exploring and defining advanced solutions by integrating domain knowledge related to the considered use cases with linear/nonlinear estimation/detection and data fusion techniques according to a Bayesian framework. A peculiar aspect is represented by considering dynamic risk analysis into the algorithm design to be used with real-time data availability.
- PhD Position N.2 – Data-Driven Sensor Validation: The activities related to this position include time-series modeling and monitoring based on shallow and/or deep networks with focus on soft decisions and related confidence in order to be compatible with a Bayesian framework. A peculiar aspect is represented by considering dynamic risk analysis into the algorithm design to be used with real-time data availability.
- Applicant must hold Master’s degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Science, Applied Mathematics, or other relevant disciplines;
- Strong mathematical background and research-oriented master thesis in a related field (e.g., signal processing, statistical machine learning, applied mathematics);
- Significant experience with programming (preferably Matlab and/or Python).
- Applicants who do not master a Scandinavian language should provide evidence of good written and spoken English language skills. The following tests can be used as documentation: TOEFL, IELTS, Cambridge Certificate in Advanced English (CAE), or Cambridge Certificate of Proficiency in English (CPE). Minimum scores are: TOEFL: 600 (paper-based test), 92 (Internet-based test); IELTS: 6.5, with no section lower than 5.5 (only Academic IELTS test accepted); CAE/CPE: grade B or A.
Apply online and the application must include:
- Application letter describing your motivation, relevant experience, skills and qualifications;
- CV including information about education background and work experience;
- Certified copies of relevant transcripts and diplomas (candidates from universities outside Norway are kindly requested to send a Diploma Supplement or similar documentation, which describes in detail the program of study, the grading system, and the rights to further studies associated with the degree obtained);
- Brief research vision for the position (maximum 2 pages);
- Contact information for two references;
- Documentation of fluency in the English language.
Norwegian University of Science and Technology (NTNU)
|Subject areas||Electrical Engineering, Computer Science, Applied Mathematics|
|Eligibility||Open to all nationalities|
|Deadline||10th October 2020|
- Total Jobs 18 Jobs
- Address Norway