The Soil Science Group of the Institute of Geography, University of Bern is inviting applications for two PhD positions about the occurrence and fate of micro- and nanoplastics in arable soils.
About the PhD positions:
- The analysis of MP in soils
- The effects of MP on soil chemical properties
- The transport of MP in agricultural soils.
- The analysis of NP in soils
- The uptake of NP into plants
- The degredation of MP and NP in soils.
- Candidates will have a Master in Geography, Geology, Chemistry, Environmental Sciences or similar disciplines.
- Experience in field sampling, in lab work and in using analytical instruments is required. Specific experience with method development, MP/NP research, research about nano particles, FTIR and Raman spectroscopy, py-GCMS or STXM is an asset.
- The successful candidate will have good English writing and communication skills.
Send application via Email with the names two referees to email@example.com and a single PDF including a letter of motivation, a complete CV.
|University of Bern
|Geography, Geology, Chemistry, Environmental Sciences
|Open to all nationalities