The Department of Education (EDU) at Uppsala University conducts research, offers several Third-cycle (doctoral) study programs and First and Second levels (Bachelor, Master) programs within the subjects of Curriculum studies, Education, and Sociology of Education.
About the research:
- This call is aimed at those interested in researching the history of school systems from the perspective of Sociology of Education.
- Historical studies in Sociology of Education deal in particular with historical change taking into account, for example, social and/or economic factors.
- Research within this area can include a variety of aspects from teaching to the prerequisites for school organization or how changes in the school system have been affected by society and vice versa.
- The full-time employment will be on a temporary basis for a period of four years and should lead to a dissertation (PhD thesis).
Starting date: 15 August 2020
- A general eligibility of 240 ECTS credits is required, corresponding to four years’ full- time university studies, or a university degree comprising at least 60 credits at advanced level or equivalent.
- Previous studies should include 90 credits with relevance for sociology of education within the disciplinary domain of the humanities and social sciences.
- Applicant may also be considered qualified if s/he has acquired the corresponding competence in other ways.
- Language skills in Swedish are not a requirement for employment, but the candidate is expected to learn Swedish.
- A good command of written and oral English language is required.
- Apply online and applications should include:
- Copies of diplomas and transcripts with grades, relevant theses (C or D levels, master’s theses or equivalent) and other publications that the applicant wishes to invoke
- Short CV with a statement of research interests
- Draft thesis plan (up to 10 pages) briefly address issues relevant to the main research topic.
|Eligibility||Open to all nationalities|
|Deadline||March 9, 2020|