Utrecht University invites applications for three Early Stage Researcher (ESR) Fellowships funded as part of the Marie Curie European Training Networks, under the European Commission’s H2020 Framework Programme. The recruited ESRs will join the project ‘Policies for Smart Specialisation’ as PhD Researchers of the Department of Human Geography and Planning at the Faculty of Geosciences (curriculum Economic Geography).
Specific PhD projects:
ESR 6 – Design and implementation of Smart Specialisation strategies. The project will focus in particular on transition and less advanced regions within the EU and beyond.
ESR 8 – Talents and Regional Diversification in the EU. The project will provide a contribution to the academic and policy debates on the role of knowledge migrant workers within the EU.
ESR9 – digitalization and regional resilience in the EU. This PhD project will provide a contribution to the academic and policy debates on the effects of digitalization and automation within the EU.
- Applicant must hold M.Sc. degree in Economic Geography, Spatial Economics or related fields;
- Applicant must demonstrate strong affinity and motivation for doing basic scientific research in an interdisciplinary setting; an open mind, the ability to think creatively and outside the box; analytical skills and interest in geographic data analysis.
- Applicant must have affinity with quantitative research methods and programs and an independent, pro-active working style;
- Applicant must have strong motivation to work in an international team with outside collaborators and must possess excellent scientific communication skills (written and spoken) in English;
- Applicant must be in the first four years of your research career since obtaining the diploma granting you access to doctorate and must not have been awarded a PhD.
- At the time of the deadline for submission you shall not have resided or carried out your main activity (work, studies, etc) in the Netherlands for more than 12 months in the past 3 years. Short stays, such as holidays, are not taken into account.
How to apply:
|Subject areas||Economic Geography, Spatial Economics|
|Eligibility||Open to all nationalities|
|Deadline||5 April 2020|