Japan Agency for Marine-Earth Science and Technology (JAMSTEC) is recruiting personnel for about five JAMSTEC Young Research Fellow (JYRF) positions.
About the Position:
- JAMSTEC encourages talented young researchers who have completed promising Ph.D. theses to develop their scientific excellence.
- Research grants will be provided to successful applicants to facilitate the smooth start-up of their research at JAMSTEC (¥1,000,000 for the first fiscal year and ¥500,000 for each of the second and third years).
- The successful applicant will also have access to the necessary facilities and equipment in JAMSTEC during the contract period.
- Successful applicants are expected to conduct scientific work independently on research topics of their own choice or to become involved in research already being conducted at JAMSTEC.
- The successful applicant will also have access to the necessary facilities and equipment at JAMSTEC during the contract period.
Research Fields: Natural Science or Engineering
- Applicants are required to have been awarded or expect to have obtained a Ph.D. in a related field by the effective date of employment.
- In addition, no more than 5 years can have passed between the last day of the fiscal year in which the applicants obtained a Ph.D. and the effective date of employment (i.e., applicants who earned a Ph.D. after April 2015 is eligible.)
Submit the application online and submit the following documents:
- a) CV.
- b) Summary of previous research (1 page)
- c) Research plan at JAMSTEC (up to 6 pages; you may use diagrams if necessary.)
- d) Publication (achievement) list including thesis titles.
- e) Letter of recommendation with signature by the recommender.
- f) Two (or fewer) representative publications.
|Organization||JAMSTEC | Japan Agency for Marine-Earth Science and Technology|
|Fellowship Level||Research grants|
|Subject areas||Natural Science or Engineering|
|Eligibility||Open to all nationalities|
|Deadline||July 28, 2020|