The Faculty of Theology at Uppsala University invites applications to at least five PhD positions commencing form 1st of September 2020 and full funding is available for four years.
- History of Religions
- Sociology of Religion
- Psychology of Religion
- Old Testament Exegesis
- New Testament Exegesis
- Church History
- World Christianity and Interreligious Studies
- Systematic Theology and Studies in World Views
- Philosophy of Religion
- The holder of a PhD position shall, foremost, be devoted to his or her own postgraduate study and research. Other duties at the Department which relate to teaching and administrative work may be included within the scope of the employment (to a maximum of 20%).
- A requirement for employment as doctoral student is that the applicant must be admitted to postgraduate studies.
Apply online and applications shall include:
- Completed form, Application for admission to third-cycle (postgraduate) studies.
- Completed form, Financial plan for studies at research level at the Faculty of Theology.
- Official transcripts of record in English or Swedish from university studies, including any graduate studies which prove that the applicants meet both general and particular qualification requirements for studies at research level at the Faculty of Theology.
- A research proposal of 6 pages (if needed one more page for references can be added) with the following headings: aim, questions, method, theoretical framework, the relation of the proposed study to earlier research and material for the future thesis, a note on whom at the Faculty of Theology the applicants have approached and requested to become their supervisor. All headings should be included, but not necessarily in this order.
- Master’s Thesis.
- A research project might be associated with risks that could affect the feasibility of the project, especially concerning assessing material or data.
|Eligibility||Open to all nationalities|
|Deadline||4th February 2020|