The Department of Philosophy, Classics, History of Art and Ideas at University of Oslo (UiO) has 1-2 Doctoral Research Fellowships in Developmental Pragmatics. The PhD positions are associated with two different projects and the projects will work towards the same overarching goal of providing new theoretical and empirical insights into pragmatic development and non-literal uses of language. Both projects are led by Ingrid Lossius Falkum and there will be a joint project team.
- A Master’s degree or equivalent in Linguistics, Philosophy, Psychology, and/or Cognitive Science, special needs education or other relevant disciplines.
- The candidate’s research project must be closely related to DEVCOM and/or Creativity and Convention in Pragmatic Development.
- Fluent oral and written communication skills in English. Proficiency in a Scandinavian language is an advantage.
- Personal suitability and motivation for the position.
How to apply:
Apply online and the application must include:
- Application letter describing the applicant’s qualifications and motivation for the position. The applicant should explain how his or her research interests fit with those of DEVCOM and/or Creativity and Convention in Pragmatic Development.
- CV (with a list of education, positions, teaching experience, administrative experience and other qualifying activities, including a list of publications, if any)
- Transcript of records of Bachelor’s and Master’s degrees. Applicants with education from a foreign university must attach an explanation of their university’s grading system
- Project description, including a detailed progress plan for the project (3 – 5 pages, see Template for project descriptions)
|Organization||University of Oslo|
|Subject areas||Linguistics, Philosophy, Psychology, Cognitive Science|
|Eligibility||Open to all nationalities|
|Deadline||14th June 2020|