The Department of Psychology at University of Oslo (UiO) has 1-2 postdoctoral fellowships available at the PROMENTA Research Center. PROMENTA is a newly established interdisciplinary research center at the Department of Psychology aiming to provide answers to three central questions in mental health, well-being, and drug use research: What processes lead to poor and good mental health, and how? How do social and geographic inequalities in mental health arise? How can we develop, tailor, and evaluate effective interventions in communities to promote good mental health? To address these questions, we examine sources of mental health on a variety of levels, such as genetic risk, neurocognitive development, the psychosocial environment, and the socio-cultural and political context.
About the project:
The 1-2 postdoctoral positions are funded through two grants from the Research Council of Norway for the projects:
- Motherhood and Quality of Life: The causal processes of caregiving burden, illness coping, work-life, genetics and social relations”, and
- Homo sociabilis and genomics of the good life. Rethinking wellbeing and social relations – the role of genetic and environmental processes”.
- Applicants must hold a PhD degree or equivalent in relevant fields such as psychology, social science, epidemiology, medicine, or related. The doctoral dissertation must be submitted for evaluation by the closing date for applications.
- Excellent skills in quantitative analysis
- Long-term potential for high-quality research
- Excellent English skills, orally and in writing
- Ambitions for high-quality research within the project, as evidenced by the required letter of application, explaining the motivation for applying and how own qualifications are suitable for the announced position.
- The following are considered advantageous: Experience with longitudinal data analysis, genetically informed studies, structural equation modeling; Competence in software such as R, Mplus, Stata.
- Excellent writing skills
- Experience in the research fields of wellbeing, quality of life, mental health, genetics, health, developmental or personality psychology.
How to apply:
Apply online and the application must include:
- Letter of application (1-2 pages), explaining the motivation for applying and how own qualifications are suitable for the announced postdoc position.
- Curriculum vitae summarizing education and positions, including a publication list.
- Copies of educational certificates and up to five publications/academic work that the applicant wishes to be considered by the evaluation committee.
- Names and contact details of at least two references (name, relation to candidate, e-mail, and telephone number).
|Organization||University of Oslo (UiO)|
|Subject areas||Psychology, Social Science, Epidemiology, Medicine|
|Eligibility||Open to all nationalities|
|Deadline||23rd February 2021|