The Department of Human Geography, Faculty of Social Sciences at Lund University is inviting applications for 1-4 PhD positions. The key areas of research and teaching at the department are economic geography, development geography, urban, landscape and social geography, and GIS.
- Applicant must have been awarded a second cycle degree
- Applicant must have completed studies the equivalent of at least 240 higher education credits, of which at least 60 credits are at the second cycle level, or
- Applicant must ave acquired comparable qualifications in some other way in Sweden or abroad.
- Applicant must hold master ́s degree in Human Geography, or other relevant discipline.
- Applicant must also have proficiency in spoken and written English corresponding to English B from Swedish upper secondary school.
Apply online and the application must contain:
- A cover letter which contains a brief presentation and qualifications (maximum 400 words)
- Curriculum Vitae
- Copies of grades and examination certificates
- Master’s thesis in human geography or in a discipline judged as relevant to human geography
- A proposal for a dissertation topic that situates candidate’s thesis work theoretically and empirically in relation to human geographical scholarship, with reference to the main bodies of literature that motivate and frame this topic. Explain why he/she wants to pursue thesis work at the Department of Human Geography. (Maximum 2300 words including references.)
- Name and contact information of two personal references
|Subject areas||Social Sciences, Human Geography|
|Eligibility||Open to all nationalities|