University of Nottingham offers Anne McLaren and Nottingham Research Fellowship schemes that will produce the next generation of outstanding research leaders. The 2020/21 recruitment round is now open.
Two research fellowships are available namely:
- Anne McLaren Fellowships: aimed at outstanding female scholars in science, technology, engineering and medicine at the early stage of their academic careers
- Nottingham Research Fellowships: targets outstanding early career researchers in most academic disciplines at the University
Number of fellowships: 100
Starting date: October 2021; individual flexibility around this date is possible.
Fellowship value: Competitive salary between £28,982 and £46,414 (Level 4 or 5 R&T) dependent on experience; research expenses up to £25,000 per annum; childcare costs of up to £5000 per annum; Relocation expenses of up to £1500
Duration: 3 years
- Applicant must have obtained PhD prior to the Expression of interest submission date, and must not have more than 8 years of post-doctoral experience.
- For Anne McLaren Fellowships: applicant must be pursuing a career in a STEM subject.
- For Nottingham Research Fellowships: applicant can be from any academic discipline across the University.
- Applicant must demonstrate experience sufficient to confirm their ability to complete the proposed programme of work.
- Applicant must be able to demonstrate: outstanding track record of research including high-quality publications, research funding and/or prizes and awards; proof of a growing reputation (both nationally and internationally)
How to Apply
It’s a four-stage process:
- Applicants to make contact with the academic unit (School, Department or Faculty) where they are interested in applying. This is to help ensure that applicant’s fellowship project can be supported.
- Submission of an Expression of Interest form (EOI), which provides a brief outline of the proposed project and details about the applicant.
- Alongside expression of interest, applicant will also need to complete the following short application form for our records
- Following review of the expression of interest submissions, short-listed applicants will be invited submit a full application. The full applications to be submitted to email@example.com.
|University of Nottingham
|STEM; All disciplines
|PhD in relevant subject