ETOPIA (Innovative EMI analysis and power Applications), a EU Horizon Marie Skłodowska-Curie Project is inviting applications for 12 PhD positions (“Early Stage Researchers”). ETOPIA is a consortium of six universities, supported by 12 industrial entities, in the Netherlands, United Kingdom, Germany, Poland, Italy and Romania.
About the programme:
- The selected candidates will be working towards a unique joint PhD degree awarded by all six universities, supported by a carefully chosen supervisory team that maximizes both scientific excellence as well as interdisciplinary and inter-sectoral collaboration.
- The 12 ETOPIA ESRs will not only receive state-of-the-art science/technology training but will also benefit from a unique soft-skills training programme.
Research Fields: Electromagnetic Compatibility
- Applicant must be within 4 years after receiving the Master of Science degree, or less than 4 years research experience since receiving the M.Sc. degree.
- Researchers are required to undertake trans-national mobility (i.e. move from one country to another) when taking up the appointment.
- Applicant must demonstrate ability to understand and express in both written and spoken English.
- University of Twente, the Netherlands
- University of Craiova, Romenia
- Politecnico di Milano, Italy
- Leibniz University of Hannover, Germany
- University of Zielona Gora, Poland
- The University of Nottingham, United Kingdom
How to apply:
- Applications to be sent via email with required documents (making clear which Institution(s) you are interested in) to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- A one-page letter motivating a) why you want to do a Ph.D.; b) why are you applying for this specific position; c) why do you consider yourself a suitable candidate for this position;
- A list of three achievements in your life that you are proud of;
- A detailed CV listing education, work experience, publications, relevant other activities and coordinates of up to three referees;
- An academic transcript of B.Sc. and M.Sc. education;
- A copy of academic works such as papers or M.Sc. thesis;
- A high TOEFL (> 90 or 100) or IELTS (> 6.5 or 7) score certificate.
|Organization||Marie-Sklodowska-Curie Innovative Training Network|
|Country||Netherlands, United Kingdom, Germany, Poland, Italy, Romania|
|Subject areas||Science, Engineering|
|Fellowship amount||Funded as per MSCA rules|
|Eligibility||Open to all nationalities|
|Deadline||31 March 2019|