The Faculty of Civil Engineering and Geosciences (CEG) at the Delft University of Technology (TU Delft) is inviting applications for 15 PhD positions to Investigate sub-surfaces in Netherlands. The faculty is committed to outstanding international research and education in the field of civil engineering, applied earth sciences, traffic and transport, water technology and delta technology.
- Candidates must have backgrounds within quantitative (geo-)science and engineering, such as mathematics, soil mechanics, geodesy, petroleum engineering, hydrology, mechanical engineering or (geo-)physics.
- Applicant must hold M.Sc degree in one of these subjects and with proven excellence in physical and mathematical thinking.
- Applicants must be able to work independently but also within the project team, develop new initiatives and have the ambition to develop a research career.
- Applicant must possess excellent writing and verbal communication skills in English.
Apply by sending applications via e-mail to Recruitment-CiTG@tudelft.nl in a single PDF file including:
- Detailed CV
- Proof of English language proficiency
- Abstract of MSc thesis (1 page)
- Ideas about approach and methodology for facing the societal challenges (2 pages)
- Letter of application
|Organization||Delft University of Technology (TU Delft)|
|Subject areas||Civil Engineering, Geosciences, Earth Sciences|
|Eligibility||Open to all nationalities|
|Deadline||15 February 2019|