IMPRS for Organismal Biology has two open PhD positions for own proposal elaboration. The PhD positions are funded by DAAD stipends. The positions are open (within the IMPRS) and not initially assigned to a specific project or a faculty member. Candidates are expected to apply with their own project ideas within the area of Organismal Biology, and to find matching faculty member(s) for their project proposal. It is the student’s choice what topic to study and with whom to conduct the study – given the agreement of an IMPRS faculty member as a mentor.
- Applications are invited from all countries.
- Applicants must hold Master’s or an equivalent degree level, and in very exceptional cases, graduates with a 4-year study program (B.Sc. with honours) with a final written scientific thesis work in Biology or a related subject.
- Candidate must have been awarded your degree(s) prior to the start of the program.
- Candidates are required to be fluent in written and spoken English and unless native speakers (have to document their proficiency in English (e.g. TOEFL).
- German is not required, but students from abroad will be offered opportunities to take German courses.
Apply online and submit the project proposal (as accepted by the prospective supervisor) together with all other required application documents. The proposal should be based on the IMPRS form and include:
- a short summary,
- an Introduction describing the general relevance of the project for the broader field of research,
- the Internal state of research, and
- the Description of the project including: objectives, implementation, methods, work and time schedule with defined milestones.
|Organization||IMPRS for Organismal Biology|
|Eligibility||Open to all nationalities|
|Deadline||January 15, 2020|