The Department of Pharmacy at Uppsala University is inviting application for 2 PhD positions in Pharmaceutical Nanotechnology.
About the project:
- Project 1: Non-invasive diagnosis of pediatric inflammatory bowel disease using magnetic imaging techniques
- Project 2: Early detection of colorectal cancer using non-invasive, magnetic imaging techniques
- The projects are highly interdisciplinary acting at the interface of pharmaceutical and material sciences.
- The PhD students will work in the area of pharmaceutical nanotechnology with the aim to develop nanomaterials for diagnosis of gastrointestinal diseases.
- Superparamagnetic iron oxide nanoparticles (SPION) can be used as contrast agents in magnetic resonance imaging (MRI) or as tracer modalities in magnetic particle imaging (MPI).
- Molecular Pharmaceutics
- Drug Delivery
- Pharmaceutical nanotechnology
- Clinical Pharmacy
- Social Pharmacy
- Applications from highly motivated candidates are welcome.
- Candidate should have a Master of Science in Pharmaceutics, Chemical/biochemical engineering, Chemistry, Biomedicine or similarly relevant field, and have good communication skills in oral and written English.
How to apply:
Apply online (in English) and should contain the following:
- A letter in which the applicant describes her- or himself and indicates the preferred project (Project 1 or Project 2) she/he is interested in, motivates why she/he has applied for the position, states relevant qualifications and indicates research interests and plans for the future.
- CV including at least two references (phone number and email), and
- Copies of relevant certificates, degrees and grades, and copies of master thesis and other documents, such as publications.
|Subject areas||Pharmaceutics, Chemical/Biochemical Engineering, Chemistry, Biomedicine|
|Eligibility||Open to all nationalities|
|Deadline||4 June 2021|