The Department of Electronics and Nanoengineering at Aalto University is seeking to appoint two high caliber Early Stage Researchers (ESRs) to join the Marie Skłodowska-Curie Innovative Training Network on ‘Future Wireless Communications Empowered by Reconfigurable Intelligent Meta-Surfaces (MetaWireless)’.
- AALTO-1: Multi-function reconfigurable metasurface structures for wireless networks
- AALTO-2: Equivalent circuital models of metasurface structures
Duties & Responsibilities
- Undertake postgraduate research and studies in support of the agreed doctoral research project, contribute to teaching of students.
- Work closely with the academic supervisors to ensure the compatibility of the individual project with the overall goals of MetaWireless.
- Present and publish research for both academic and non-academic audiences.
- Attend and participate to academic and non-academic conferences, events and seminars.
- Attend and participate to all training events and supervisory meetings.
- Be seconded to other network partners as necessary to fulfil the grant obligations.
- Prepare progress reports and other necessary documents for funding bodies, as required.
- Contribute to the delivery and management of the wider programme, including attending and participating in programme committee meetings.
- Actively contribute to the public engagement and outreach activities as described in the grant agreement.
- Applicant must hold undergraduate degree and a Master’s degree (or equivalent) in electronic or electrical engineering, mathematics, electromagnetics, or a physical sciences subject.
- Applicant must have excellent mathematical skills and background and high proficiency in Matlab, Mathematica, Maple, R, or similar programming software.
- Solid background on electromagnetics, microwave engineering, wireless communications (especially antennas, propagation, diffraction theory).
- Applicant must possess excellent written and verbal communication, including presentation skills and must be highly proficient English language skills.
- Early-Stage Researchers (ESRs) shall at the time of recruitment by the host organisation be in the first four years (full-time equivalent research experience) of their research careers and not yet have been awarded a doctoral degree.
- At the time of recruitment by the host organisation, researchers must not have resided or carried out their main activity (work, studies, etc.) in the country of their host organisation for more than 12 months in the three years immediately prior to the recruitment date. Compulsory national service and/or short stays such as holidays are not taken into account.
How to Apply:
Apply online and each application must include the following material:
- A cover letter explaining the motivation for applying for the post.
- A curriculum vitae setting out the educational qualifications as well as any additional scientific achievements and publications.
- Evidence of English proficiency.
- Copy of Bachelor’s and Master’s certificates.
- Copy of Bachelor’s and Master’s transcripts.
- Any additional material useful for the assessment of the candidate (e.g., recommendation letters, research project in agreement with the requirements specified in the previous text).
Electronic Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Mathematics, Electromagnetics
|Fellowship amount||As per MSCA rules|
|Eligibility||Open to all nationalities|
|Deadline||10th April 2021|