2 Postdoc / Research Fellow in the field of Materials Chemistry (Electrochemistry) at the Highfield Campus, University of Southampton. Department is seeking to appoint 2 researchers in materials chemistry funded by the new EPSRC program grant ADEPT Advanced Devices.
Electrochemistry postdoc position Overview: The program will use electrodeposition to structure semiconductors for devices applications including thermoelectrics, phase change memory and IR sensors.
To produce porous substrates for use as electrodeposition templates and to integrate porous materials into microfabricated structures & control the surfaces of the porous materials to provide beneficial interactions with the semiconductors. There are significant opportunities to develop new methods to control pore size, orientation and chemistry. It is also expected that you will take on a major materials characterisation role within the programme.
This Electrochemistry postdoc program is led by:
Professor P Bartlett,
Professor A Hector,
Prof. G. Reid,
Prof. D. Smith
Prof. K. de Groot
Prof. M. George
Prof. R. Beanland
- PhD* or equivalent professional qualifications
- Experience in materials chemistry or closely aligned fields,
- Strong communications skills with a proven ability
- To work as part of a multidisciplinary team.
- Experience in
- materials synthesis, ideally involving templating of porous materials,
- surface treatments, and
- characterisation techniques including X-ray diffraction & small angle scattering, X-ray photoelectron spectroscopy & porosimetry.
Further information: Informal enquiries should be directed to Professor Andrew Hector (A.L.Hector@southampton.ac.uk).
Procedure of Application:
Interested candidate should submit their completed online application form at the link below.
Duration – 2 years
|Organization||University of Southampton|
|Level||Postdoc / SRF|
|Subject areas||Electrochemistry, Chemistry / Material science|
|Fellowship||£28,982 to £35,609|
|Eligibility||Phd or equivalent|
|Deadline||Wednesday 17 August 2016|