The Universities of Toronto and Manitoba invite applications for two post-doctoral fellowships in the Epidemiology of Food Insecurity and Health. The fellowships are available under Dr. Valerie Tarasuk at the Department of Nutritional Sciences, University of Toronto and Dr. Marcelo Urquia at the Manitoba Centre for Health Policy (MCHP)
About the position:
- The successful applicants will join a Canadian Institutes of Health Research (CIHR)-funded multidisciplinary team of accomplished researchers in Manitoba, Ontario and the US, with an interest in studying the determinants of household food insecurity and its implications for health and well-being.
- The research approach involves the analysis of large and unique linked health and social administrative databases and dietary intake surveys housed at the Statistics Canada Research Data Centres.
- The postdoctoral fellows will be based in Toronto or Winnipeg and jointly supervised by Drs. Valerie Tarasuk and Marcelo Urquia.
- Candidates will have the experience and expertise to take advantage of the opportunity to access novel and rich data to build a highly productive applied research portfolio.
- The fellows will be able to attend seminars, colloquia, and other regularly scheduled research activities at the partner institutions, and present in domestic and international conferences.
Duration: full-time; temporary position; for one year; with the possibility of extension
- Applicants must hold PhD, ScD, DrPH, or an equivalent doctoral degree in Epidemiology, Biostatistics, Nutritional Sciences, Public Health, Economics, or related fields, completed within the last 5 years
- Experience conducting statistical analyses with large databases using SAS or Stata
Applications to be sent to Dr. Valerie Tarasuk (Valerie.email@example.com) as a single PDF file including:
- Cover letter describing career goals (a one-page)
- Research Interests
- Reasons for applying;
- CV and graduate degree transcripts
- A reprint of most significant first-author publication
- Contact information for three
- Proof of proficiency in English for candidates whose original language is not English, if applicable.
|Organization||University of Toronto, University of Manitoba|
|Subject areas||Epidemiology, Biostatistics, Nutritional Sciences, Public Health, Economics|
|Eligibility||Open to all nationalities|
|Deadline||29 February 2020|