The Department of Political Science at University of Gothenburg is inviting applications for 3-4 PhD positions in Political Science.
About the position:
- A PhD student is expected to conduct research and to contribute to the development of knowledge within the discipline.
- The Doctoral student must be capable of developing independent ideas and communicate research results in oral and written form.
- A degree at the second-cycle level (MA level, or equivalent),at least 240 higher education (university) credits, of which at least 60 must be at the second-cycle level, or largely equivalent knowledge acquired in other ways in Sweden or abroad (in Sweden, 240 university credits equal four years of successfully completed full-time studies).
- Applicant meets the specific entry requirements for third-cycle (PhD) studies if he/she has obtained at least 60 higher education credits (one year of full-time studies) in Political Science or has equivalent qualifications.
- Apply online and must include:
- An introductory letter of 1000 words maximum (approx. 2 pages), preferably shorter. The letter should consist of four paragraphs in the following order: a) a short presentation of yourself. b) a short presentation of your merits, c) a short presentation of the intended research project and d) a short account for why the Department of Political Science and/or the doctoral studies programme is of interest to you.
- CV including a list of publications (if applicable).
- One writing sample (master’s thesis)
- A description of the intended research project indicating the applicant’s research interests and planned focus area of his/her thesis and research (2500 words maximum)
- Verified copies of academic transcripts and evidence of other relevant qualifications, if applicable.
- Recommendation letters
|Organization||University of Gothenburg|
|Subject areas||Political Science|
|Deadline||5th February 2019|