The School of Economics and Business at Norwegian University of Life Sciences (NMBU) has four positions as PhD Research Fellows in economics and business.
About the positions:
- Two positions are funded by the Research Council of Norway and two positions are financed by the University.
- The main goal of the PhD positions is the development of research capacity and competence. The successful applicants will participate in the School’s PhD programme in Economics and Business.
- The period of appointment is three years but may be extended to four years if the PhD student contributes to teaching, supervision, research assistance, exam grading, and administration at the School.
Research areas: Business Administration, Finance, Strategy and Management, Taxes, Environment, Climate, Energy, Natural Resources, Development, Food, Commodity Markets, and Entrepreneurship and Innovation.
Topics for applications are:
- Stress-testing the Norwegian economy: Effects of the 1.5℃ scenario
- Enabling the green transition in Norway
- Machine learning applications in commodity market analysis
- Taxes, Inequality, and Sustainability
- Empirical analysis of the internal organization of business firms and institutions
- Consumer Behavior and Sustainable Food Consumption
- Responsible research and innovation in businesses
- Applicant must have an academically relevant education corresponding to a five-year Norwegian degree programme, where 120 credits are at Master’s degree level. Relevant educations are Master’s degrees in economics, business, or similar.
- An average grade of B or better for the overall Master’s degree and a grade of B or better on the Master’s theses are required.
- Applicant must have a documented strong academic background from previous studies and be able to document proficiency in both written and oral English.
Apply online and the application must include the following:
- Cover letter – statement of motivation and research interests and an outline of the proposed doctoral research project (2 – 5 pages)
- CV (summarizing education, positions and academic work – scientific publications)
- Copies of the original Bachelor and Master’s degree diploma, transcripts of records and letters of recommendation
- Documentation of English proficiency
- List of publications and academic work that the applicant wishes to be considered by the evaluation committee
- Names and contact details of 2-3 references (name, relation to candidate, e-mail and telephone number)
|Organization||Norwegian University of Life Sciences (NMBU)|
|Subject areas||Economics and Business|
|Eligibility||Open to all nationalities|
|Deadline||1st March 2020|
- Total Jobs 39 Jobs
- Address Norway