Bremen International Graduate School of Social Sciences (BIGSSS) integrates excellent areas of graduate education and research at the University of Bremen and Jacobs University into a synergetic inter-university institution designed to be an internationally competitive model of graduate education. BIGSSS guiding principles are education to excellence, quality assurance, and effective funding.
|Organization||Bremen International Graduate School of Social Sciences (BIGSSS)|
|Subject areas||Social Science, Sociology, Psychology, Political Science|
|Fellowship amount||€ 1300/month|
|Deadline||15 February 2016|
The program provides close supervision of dissertation work in a demand-tailored education and research framework. Founded upon the core disciplines of political science, sociology and psychology and supported by a solid foundation in social-science methodology. It supports doctoral fellows in achieving early scientific independence and provides funds for the conduct, presentation, and publishing of their research.
- Global Governance and Regional Integration
- Welfare State, Inequality, and Quality of Life
- Changing Lives in Changing Socio-Cultural Contexts
- Master’s degree (or equivalent) in Political Science, Sociology, or Psychology.
- Applicants with a degree in related social science disciplines are also welcome.
- BIGSSS strives to increase the share of women in the university and hence also strongly encourages women to apply.
- Disabled persons will be given preferential treatment in case of otherwise equal qualification.
How to apply
Online application form available
Dr. Mandy Boehnke
Bremen International Graduate School of Social Sciences (BIGSSS)
Postfach 33 04 40
D – 28334 Bremen
Phone: +49 (0)421 218 66430
Fax: +49 (0)421 218 66353
Register and Apply here: Click
For Further Details: Click