The Center for Humans and Machines at Max Planck Institute for Human Development, is seeking applications for five Postdoctoral Research Positions in Computational Social Science (E 13 TVöD; 39 hours/week). Funding for each postdoctoral position is available for two years, with possibility of extension for a third year. The positions are available from December 1, 2020, or later.
About the positions:
- The postdoctoral researchers will work on ambitious, high-impact research in Computational Social Science, with a focus on human-machine interaction. Projects will be conducted under the supervision of Prof. Iyad Rahwan, and will focus on the following main topics:
- Human-machine cooperation
- Impact of AI and digital media on the future of work
- Impact of AI on human social behavior (e.g. norms, culture)
- Applicants must have PhD in Computer Science, Physics, Applied Mathematics, or Behavioral Science (e.g. Economics, political science, cognitive science, biology, anthropology).
- Demonstrated ability to produce high-impact research, as evidenced by a strong publication record in top venues in Computational Social Science, Behavioral Science, Human-Computer Interaction, Artificial Intelligence, Machine Learning, or interdisciplinary science.
- Strong quantitative skills, including at least one of the following areas:
- Design of complex, Web-based behavioral experiments
- Complex systems and network science
- Data science including social media data processing
- Machine learning, including deep learning and reinforcement learning
- Mathematical modeling (e.g. game theory or evolutionary dynamics)
- Demonstrated understanding and use of advanced statistical inference. Preference will be for candidates who possess statistical maturity and an ability to identify and avoid weaknesses that threaten replication and generalization.
- A commitment to following the best methodological practices in science, such as preregistration of studies, sharing of computer code and writing reproducible research reports, open sharing of data whenever feasible, etc.
- Expertise in at least one programming language for data analytics, such as R or Python.
- High proficiency in English.
Apply (as one file and via email, with the sentence “Postdoc application in Computational Social Science” in the subject line) to Prof. Dr. Iyad Rahwan at firstname.lastname@example.org including:
- A statement of research interests
- Copy of relevant certificates
- (p)reprints of three publications lead by the applicant
- A list of four references
|Organization||Max Planck Institute for Human Development|
Computer Science, Physics, Applied Mathematics, Or Behavioral Science (Economics, Political Science, Cognitive Science, Biology, Anthropology)
|Eligibility||Open to all nationalities|
|Deadline||until October 1st or the positions are filled|