50 Commonwealth Rutherford Fellowships for International Students in UK for the academic year 2018
These fellowships are funded by the UK Department of Business, Energy and Industrial Strategy (BEIS) through the Rutherford Fund, aiming of attracting global talent and supporting the UK’s research base.
Overview: Commonwealth Scholarship Commission in the UK (CSC) grants over 800 scholarships and fellowships for postgraduate study and professional development to Commonwealth citizens every year.
- Course Level: Fellowships are available to pursue Postdoctoral research program.
- Study Subject: Fellowships are awarded to learn any of the subjects offered by the university.
- Approved airfare from your home country to the UK and return at the end of your award (the cost of journeys made before your award is finally confirmed will not usually be reimbursed)
- Research support grant of £2,500 per annum
- Stipend (living allowance) at the rate of £1,627 per month, or £2,019 per month for those at universities in the London metropolitan area (rates quoted at 2017-2018 levels)
- Study travel grant of £1,000 per award towards the costs of approved travel within the UK or overseas.
Number of Scholarships: Up to 50 fellowships.
- Eligible Countries: Applicants from commonwealth country other than the UK are eligible to apply for this fellowship program.
- Be a citizen of or have been granted refugee status by a Commonwealth country other than the UK, or be a British Protected Person
- Be available to start your fellowship in the UK before 31 March 2018
- Have been awarded your PhD no more than ten years prior to 1 November 2017
- Not have previously held a Commonwealth Scholarship or Fellowship awarded by the CSC
- English Language Requirements: Applicants from outside the home country will often need to meet specific English language/other language requirements in order to be able to study there.
Candidates should provide the following supporting documentation, in order for your application to be eligible for consideration:
- References from at least two individuals. One of these referees must be your Ph.D. supervisor; without a reference from this person (except in exceptional circumstances) your application will be ineligible
- PhD certificate
- Supporting statement from your proposed supervisor in the UK
- Copy of your passport showing your photograph, date of birth, and country of citizenship
Deadline: 12.30 (GMT) on 13 December 2017
|Organization||Department of Business, Energy and Industrial Strategy (BEIS), Rutherford Fund|
|Fellowship Level||Research awards Postdoc|
|Subject areas||All disciplines|
|Fellowship amount||£25,000 per annum|
|Deadline||13 December 2017|