NanoLund, the Center for Nanoscience at Lund University is offering 6 doctoral positions in three of NanoLund’s research areas, namely in Materials Science, Quantum Physics, and Nanoenergy. The hosting research groups are located at the Faculty of Engineering and the Faculty of Natural Sciences.
About the positions:
- The open positions will be funded by a combination of grants and projects, including from the Swedish Research Council, the Swedish Foundation for Strategic Research, NanoLund, as well as the EU Marie Skłodowska-Curie Actions (MSCA) Cofund project GenerationNano (GA Nr 945378), hosted by NanoLund.
- Epitaxial growth and characterization of energy-saving LEDs based on branched nanowires
- Development of tandem solar cells by combining III-IV semiconductor nanowires with perovskites
- Structure, function, and modification of semiconductor nanostructure surfaces to the atomic scale
- Advanced nanoscale X-ray methods for photon detection and sustainable energy generation
- Spatio-temporal studies of electronic excitation and charge carrier dynamics in molecular and solid state materials
- Coherent ultrafast spectroscopy of quantum nanomaterials
- A person meets the general admission requirements for third-cycle courses and study programmes if he or she: has been awarded a second-cycle qualification, or has satisfied the requirements for courses comprising at least 240 credits of which at least 60 credits were awarded in the second cycle, or has acquired substantially equivalent knowledge in some other way in Sweden or abroad.
- Applicant must hold Master’s in Engineering Physics, Chemical Physics (NAKEKF2) or an associated field, or a Master’s degree in physics or an associated field.
- Applicant must have very good oral and written proficiency in English.
How to apply:
Apply online and applications must be written in English and include the following:
- A cover letter stating the reasons why candidate is interested in the position and in what way the specific research project(s) he/she is applying for corresponds to your interests and educational background.
- Degree certificate or equivalent
- A copy of the thesis or equivalent or a summary in case the work is not completed and other documents (grade transcripts, contact information for your references, letters of recommendation, etc.).
|Subject areas||Nanoscience, Nanotechnology|
|Eligibility||Open to all nationalities|