90 Research Scientists – Agricultural Innovation Canada
We are seeking approximately 90 research scientists with a wide variety of expertise and experience to provide the Science and Technology Branch of AAFC with cutting-edge science activities.
Particular emphasis is placed on research to support the efforts of Canada’s agriculture and agri-food sector to respond to the challenges of climate change and to enhance its efforts to better conserve soil and water.
Agriculture and Agri-Food Canada drives innovation and ingenuity to build a world-leading agricultural economy for the benefit of all Canadians. We make farmer to the consumer all phases of producing, processing and marketing of farm, food and bio-based products.
The specific goals:
- Increase agro-ecosystem resilience and agriculture’s ability to adapt to climate change through a systems approach (including Living Laboratories)
- Enhancing risk management and reducing losses for producers through big data and predictive analytics.
- Accelerate the identification of superior traits and practices by revolutionizing germplasm development
- Develop agricultural practices to enhance the nutritional value of foods (metabolomics) and to reduce the impact of antimicrobial resistance
- Develop clean technologies to improve agriculture’s environmental performance
Increase soil, plant and animal health and increase productivity by unlocking the microbiome
and other related areas.
- Support the agriculture and agri-food sector by enhancing the competitiveness, environmental sustainability, ability to address threats to agricultural production, and the development of new or improved attributes of products
How to apply
Send application including
- Your résumé: In order to be considered, your application must clearly explain how you meet the following (essential qualifications)
- There is a questionnaire that is part of this application process. Provide as much detail as possible to avoid being screened out. Do not copy and paste from your resume when answering these questions. Your resume will be used for additional support for the answers you provide.
- Essential Education: Graduation with an acceptable doctoral degree from a recognized post-secondary institution in a field of science with a specialization related to the duties of the position, such as, but not limited to: applied mathematics; agroecology; agronomy; animal or plant science; botany; chemistry; biology or micro-biology; biophysics; climate science; ecology; entomology; environmental science; food science and technology; genetics and genomics; ontology; plant pathology and breeding; animal pathology; post-harvest physiology; social psychology; software engineering; soil science; or other specialization in a field relevant to the duties of the position.
- Applications will be accepted from candidates enrolled in their final year, but who have not yet completed a Ph.D. program.
- Completion of the Ph.D. thesis must occur before the date of appointment.
- Recognition of foreign credentials: if you were educated outside of Canada, you must have your certificates and/or diplomas assessed against Canadian education standards. You are encouraged to begin this process as soon as possible.
The following may be applied / assessed at a later date (may be needed for the job)
Preference may be given to members of the following Employment Equity groups: Aboriginal persons, persons with disabilities, visible minorities, women
Preference will be given to veterans and to Canadian citizens, in that order.
We thank all those who apply. Only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.
Contact information: email@example.com
Who can apply: Persons residing in Canada and Canadian citizens residing abroad.
|Type of position||Research Scientist|
|Field||agriculture and Agri-Food Canada|
|Closing date||8 August 2021 – 23:59, Pacific Time|
|Salary||$55,870 to $144,413 (The classification level and salary will be determined by the qualifications of the candidate.)|
|Organisation||Agriculture and Agri-Food Canada – Science and Technology Branch (STB)|
Various STB Research and Development Centre locations across Canada
|further information||visit Agriculture and Agri-Food Canada|