Academia Fellowships for International Scholars who have completed a PhD in the fields of the humanities and the social sciences and have an international research experience.
Centre for Advanced Study Sofia (CAS Sofia) has announced a Call for Applications for the 2019/2020 In-Residence Advanced Academia Fellowships for fundamental research in the fields of the humanities and the social sciences.
- Be non-Bulgarian citizens;
- Have completed a Ph.D. in the fields of the humanities and the social sciences;
- International research experience (participation in projects and refereed conferences) and publications in peer-reviewed academic editions are strong advantages.
CAS Sofia provides in-residence fellowships of two- to five- month duration to post-doctoral non-Bulgarian researchers. Junior, as well as Senior scholars, are invited to apply.
- The selected Fellows are entitled to:
- Monthly stipend of EUR 700 (liable to 10% income tax) to cover living expenses related to the stay in Sofia.
- Accommodation in Sofia, comprising living quarters and working space. The Fellows will also have free access to the CAS library and electronic resources/databases.
- Travel allowance (up to EUR 400 );
- Research expenses (up to EUR 500 ).
Please carefully consider the former two documents when preparing your application. For Junior scholars (up to eight years after Ph.D.) only: two letters of recommendation by scholars familiar with the applicant’s academic work should be emailed to CAS by the referees.
All application documents should be presented in English and sent by e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org with a subject entry “Advanced Academia Fellowships.”
Deadline: 28 February 2019
|Organization||Centre for Advanced Study Sofia (CAS Sofia)|
|Subject areas||humanities and the social sciences|
|Fellowship amount||Monthly stipend of EUR 700|
|Eligibility||Open to above mentioned countries|
|Deadline||28 February 2019|