IIT Madras invites applications from individuals with an established record of independent, high quality research and commitment to teaching and research for faculty positions at the levels of: ASSISTANT PROFESSOR in the Departments of
- Aerospace Engineering
- Applied Mechanics
- Chemical Engineering
- Civil Engineering
- Computer Science & Engineering
- Electrical Engineering
- Engineering Design
- Humanities & Social Sciences
- Mechanical Engineering
- Metallurgical & Materials Engineering
- Ph.D., with first class or equivalent at the preceding degree in the appropriate branch with consistently good academic record throughout.
- Experience will be reckoned as on December 1, 2016 ASSISTANT PROFESSOR
- At least 3 years industrial / research / teaching experience excluding however, the
experience gained while pursuing Ph.D.
- Candidates preferably should be below 35 years of age.
Assistant Professor on contractual basis Candidates not eligible for direct recruitment may be put on tenure track for the regular post of Assistant Professor. At the entry level they may be placed in Pay band – 3 of Rs.15600-39100 with AGP of Rs.6000/- with seven non-compounded advance increments and shall move after 1 year to AGP of Rs.7000/- and after 3 years to AGP of Rs.8000/- with a minimum pay of Rs.30000/-.
PROFESSOR At least 10 years industrial / research / teaching experience of which at least 4 years should be at the level of Associate Professor in IITs, IISc Bangalore, IIMs, NITIE Mumbai and IISERs or at an equivalent level in any such other Indian or foreign institution / institutions of comparable standards.
APPLICATION FORM AND INSTRUCTIONS
- Applications are to be submitted online at facapp.iitm.ac.in; fillable forms and instructions can be found at the same site. Also send one signed hardcopy of the data sheet (only) to: Dean (Administration) IIT Madras Chennai 600 036.
- The completed application materials should be uploaded on or before November 11, 2016.