The Baden Württemberg Scholarship for university students is offered each year to the universities in Baden-Württemberg. The program’s purpose is to support international exchange between highly qualified German and foreign students. Furthermore, the scholarship program increases the competitiveness of Baden-Württemberg’s universities for the recruitment of the best internationally mobile students and postgraduates.
The program addresses all students who are matriculated at one of Baden-Württemberg’s universities and who would like to expand their horizons through a study abroad. The program additionally applies to foreign students who would like to study abroad in Baden-Württemberg.
- Students must be either Master’s, Diploma or Staatsexamen students enrolled at the University of Mannheim who aim to study abroad in a non-European country (incl. Russia) in the fall semester and/or in the spring semester.
- The University of Mannheim can only support European study abroad program through the Erasmus Program.
- Register in the BWS-World Portal to apply for the scholarship.
- For the application the following documents have to be: uploaded in the BWS World Portal AND handed in at the Express Service Counter
- Application form (Download; please only hand in and do not upload)
- CV (in German or English; without any additional documents)
- Letter of Motivation (1 DIN A4 page, in German or English)
- Please briefly reference the scholarship/the scholarship provider in your application.
- Current academic transcript (in German or English)
Worth and Length of the Scholarships
The foundation determines the amount of money rewarded to scholarship recipients: students receive 600 EUR a month for usually 4 months (it can be fewer months for shorter stays).
|Organization||University of Mannheim|
|Subject areas||All Disciplines|
|Fellowship amount||600 EUR/ month|
|Deadline||31st March for Fall Semester
15th October for Spring Semester
Ms Gela Wittenberg in the International Office is available to answer any of your further questions.