The Banting Postdoctoral Fellowships Program is an initiative of the Canadian Government to attract and retain top-tier postdoctoral talent, both nationally and internationally, to contribute to Canada’s economic, social and research-based growth.
- 70 new awards every year.
- 70 000 $ per year.
- Grant is awarded for 2 years (non-renewable).
- Canadian citizens, permanent residents of Canada and also foreign citizens can apply.
- PhD, PhD-equivalent or health professional degree
- Applicants must not be holding a tenure-track or tenured faculty position in any institution.
Criteria for selecting applications
- Research excellence leadership in the research domain.
- Quality of proposed research program.
- Institutional commitment and a demonstrated synergy between the applicant and institutional strategic priorities.
How to Apply
The candidate must complete the following steps:
- Access ResearchNet to register and fill out the application file.
- Fill out all the necessary criteria before submitting your application:
- Area of Research and Applicant
- Degree Information
- Banting Common CV
- Research Contributions
- Leadership Contributions
- Fulfillment of Degree Requirements Form
- Special Circumstances (including solid justification for lack of mobility, if appropriate)
- Lay Title and Lay Abstract (mandatory for the application to be considered)
- Project Overview
- Project Details
- Project Descriptors/Keywords
- Choice of Institution (as part of the research proposal and Supervisor’s Statement)
- Research proposal (clearly formulated for a multi-disciplinary committee)
- Supervisor’s Statement
The three referees’ assessments mus extensively develop the three sections found in the Referee’s Assessment form in ResearchNet.
The Saved a PDF copy of these sections should be send to postdoc@uOttawa.ca
|Canadian Institutes of Health Research
|All areas under the institute
|As per Canadian law
|PhD holders or Health professionals
|September 20, 2023
- Name of Organisation Field Value