BBSRC International Travel Award Scheme (ITAS) are intended to help scientists add an international dimension to their BBSRC-funded research by making and establishing new contacts with international counterparts.
Funding is available in collaborative areas such as:
- Ist contact type activities that require short term travel support.
- The award allows scholar to travel outside the UK to start partnership or prepare proposals with partners for international programs.
- Visiting specific facilities not available in the UK, undertaking a particular piece of work, or gaining access to new techniques or materials which would be of benefit to the BBSRC project or the UK research team.
- Duration: up to 1 month
- Funding is limited to travel and subsistence costs only, and does not usually exceed £3000.
- Researchers supported by the institute are eligible (research grant holders and staff employed at institutes of BBSRC).
- The application must be made by the Principle Investigator, but it does not have to be the Principle Investigator (PI) undertaking the travel.
- The associated BBSRC grant must have started before the application submission and should have at least 6 months remaining from the start of the award.
How to apply:
- Fill the online application through Je-S
- Note: Apply at least 6 weeks before travel.
Biotechnology and Biological Sciences Research Council (BBSRC)
|Fellowship Level||Travel grants|
|Subject areas||All disciplines|
|Eligibility||Open for International applicants|
|Deadline||Apply any time of the year|
+44 1793 413364
- Name of Organisation Field Value