Bielefeld Graduate School in History and Sociology (BGHS) invites doctoral researchers from other countries to work at the School for 4 months to promote international scientific and cultural exchange.
- Visiting fellows will have the chance to use their stay at the BGHS to work intensively on their dissertation, visit degree programme courses and build contacts to the scientific community.
- Fellows receive a computer work station for the duration of their stipend.
- The grant consists of a EUR 1,200/month stipend; child allowance (if applicable).
- Travel fare may also be covered by the Graduate School.
- All Overseas (International) PhD researchers may apply who are matriculated in a doctoral programme abroad and whose dissertation is in the field of historical, sociological, social-anthropological or political science.
- German citizens may also apply if their higher education has been at foreign universities.
- Applications for summer term (1 April to 31 July) must be submitted through online application portal before 15 January.
- Following documents are also required:
- CV (max. 1,000 words)
- Covering letter (max. 600 words)
- Account of dissertation project (max. 2,000 words)
- Work schedule and timeframe for stay at the BGHS
- Recommendation Letter from supervisor or advisor
- Certificates and Grade transcripts (Master’s certificate).
Dates and deadlines:
15 January: Last date for applications
Beginning of February: Candidates are informed about the results of the application process
01 April: BGHS Visiting Fellowships starts
31 July: BGHS Visiting Fellowships end
|Subject areas||History, Sociology, Social Sciences|
|Fellowship amount||EUR 1,200/month|
|Eligibility||Open for all nationalities|
For Further Details: Click