The Bremen International Graduate School of Social Sciences (BIGSSS) invites applications to its Postdoc and Doctoral program. BIGSSS is an inter-university institute of the University of Bremen and Jacobs University and is backed by the German Excellence Initiative.
Number of Positions: Up to 3 Postdoctoral Positions & 2 PhD Fellowships
The language of instruction is English. Selected fellows are expected to choose Bremen as their place of residence.
Starting date: Postdoctoral positions and PhD fellowships will start on September 1, 2017. Non-German students are strongly encouraged to apply.
BIGSSS Postdoc Program:
The program provides Postdocs with the opportunity, resources, and support to
- present their research at international conferences and build up international networks,
- disseminate their research finding in scientific publication outlets
- write grant proposals,
- organize a conference or workshop,
- teach and supervise,
- participate in transferable skills training (e.g., didactics, media, career) and establish a mentoring relationship with senior faculty
Fellowship value: payment is in line with TV-L E13
Duration: up for a period up to 24 months.
- Applicant must have received a PhD in political science, sociology, psychology, or related social science disciplines within the last three years.
Global Governance and Regional Integration; Welfare State, Inequality, and Quality of Life; Changing Lives in Changing Socio-Cultural Contexts
Research area: Changing Lives in Changing Socio-Cultural Contexts
- Applicant must have strong academic abilities
- Applicant must hold Master’s degree (or equivalent) in psychology, sociology political science, or a related social science discipline.
Fellowship value: € 1300/month for 36 months contingent on successful completion of each year.
- Apply online
Bremen International Graduate School of Social Sciences (BIGSSS)
|Fellowship Level||Postdoctoral and Doctoral|
|Subject areas||Social Sciences, Sociology, Psychology, Political Science|
|Eligibility||Open to all nationalities|
|Deadline||31 January 2016|
For Further Details: Click