The Faculty of Biological and Environmental Sciences is responsible for carrying out research in the field and teach experts to meet the needs of universities, research institutes, government, schools and the business sector. The Division of Environmental Ecology is part of the Lahti University Campus which focuses on the ecological and biogeochemical impact of chemicalisation and municipal waste.
The successful applicant may be appointed to a permanent professorship or a fixed-term associate/assistant professorship (tenure track system), depending on his or her qualifications and career stage. The duty includes scientific research, teaching based on it and participation in international collaboration and community engagement in the field.
Applicants are requested to enclose with their applications the following documents:
2) A report relevance for the evaluation of teaching skills (max. 3 pages)
3) Previous research activities and a brief future plans
4) List of publications
- Doctoral degree and
- Experience in the guiding scientific research
Assistant Professor/ Associate Professor
- Doctoral degree
- Ability to conduct independent scholarly work and have the teaching skills necessary for the position.
- Motivation to pursue a scientific career, as demonstrated through publications or otherwise.
The professors/associate/assistant professors must be proficient in Finnish language. A satisfactory spoken and written skill in Swedish is also required but the selected candidates from foreign nations are exempted from this requirement.
|Organization||University of Helsinki|
|Subject areas||Biological & Environmental Sciences|
|Fellowship amount||As per University regulations|
|Deadline||15th Sept 2016|
For Further Details: Click